Levy 2021 - Educational Program & Operations
2021 Replacement Educational Programs & Operations Levy - Approved by South Kitsap voters.
On the February 9, 2021 ballot, South Kitsap School District asked voters to replace the current Educational Programs and Operations (EP&O) Levy that expires in 2021 with a replacement four-year measure. Levy programs and enrichments empower South Kitsap students to explore options, access enhanced learning opportunities, attend safe school facilities with the staff and technology tools they need to achieve success.
The replacement levy will maintain the local tax rate not to exceed $2.50 per thousand of assessed home value or will be capped at a maximum amount based on student enrollment, whichever is less. The Educational Programs & Operations Levy makes up about 15% of the district budget and bridges the gap in the cost of current opportunities and programs that support South Kitsap students.
The EP&O Levy supports all South Kitsap students and schools including:
- Advanced Placement, AVID, Project Lead the Way Science, and other innovative programs
- Music, drama, and arts programs
- Instructional Specialists
- Special Education programs
- Computers for students
- Curriculum adoptions
- Nurses, Counselors, Social Worker, School Psychologists
- Athletic programs and extracurricular activities
- Technology backbone/security to support learning
- Transportation in lieu of safe walking routes
- Safety & security, threat assessment, secured facilities
- Maintenance of facilities, repairs, upkeep, replacement of aging systems, and equipment.
- Lower class sizes