Facilities & Operations
Safe, Warm, Dry Kids
To continuously improve the physical learning environment for students and staff within the South Kitsap School District by using inspiration, innovation and effectiveness while delivering very high quality customer service.
Our Core Values
- We require complete honesty and integrity in everything we do.
- We respect the individual and believe that individuals who are treated with respect and given responsibility respond by giving their best.
- We empower employees closest to the problem with the authority, skills and information required to do the job.
- We make commitments with care and live up to them. In all things, we do what we say we are going to do. We walk the talk.
- Work is an important part of life, and it should be fun. Acting in a professional manner does not mean one has to be stuffy and boring.
- We are frugal. We guard and conserve the District resources with at least the same vigilance that we would use to guard and conserve our own personal resources.
- We insist on giving the very best effort in everything we undertake. We own problems and are always responsive to others.
- We see a huge difference between "good mistakes" (best effort, bad result) and "bad mistakes" (sloppiness or lack of effort).
- Clarity in understanding our mission, our goals, and what we expect from each other is critical to our success.
- In all our dealings we will always strive to be friendly and courteous, as well as fair and compassionate.
- We feel a sense of urgency on any matters related to our customers.
- And we partner with our customers to deliver sustainable solutions.
- Capital Projects
- Custodial Services
- Project Management
- Building Maintenance
- Grounds Maintenance
- Risk Management Services
- Administrative Support Services
This hard-working, highly effective team provides high quality customer service to 21 unique facilities district-wide. The team provides maintenance services for 1,216,944 square feet of building space, including 47 portable buildings, and grounds and athletic fields totaling 287 acres.
In addition, the team is responsible for all building and infrastructure contract management, project management, capital program design and development and management of annual improvements in areas such as roofing, boiler replacement and floor coverings as well as interior and exterior painting. This team of skilled craftsmen, supported by department administrative personnel, perform scheduled, unscheduled, routine, corrective and preventive maintenance for all district facilities, grounds systems and infrastructure.
Capital Facilities Plan
The South Kitsap School District Capital Facilities Plan is a six year rolling plan intended to be reviewed and revised annually.
The Capital Facilities Plan is developed with an understanding of the development and population implications of the City of Port Orchard , City of Bremerton and Kitsap County Comprehensive Plans. The District is committed to planning in a manner consistent with the community's vision of its future as represented in these and other development policy documents.
The plan assesses the ability of district facilities to support the delivery of the district educational program. Facility capacity is reviewed and modified periodically as the District revises programs, policies, staffing formulas and schedules. The plan also projects future enrollment in order to evaluate the demand and need for new facilities.