Here are some websites that are helpful in addressing the needs of the highly capable student:
- SENG - Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted
- Northwest Gifted Child Association
- Washington Coalition for Gifted Education - advocacy site, has a paid lobbyist
- National Association for Gifted Children
- Gifted Development Center
- Washington Association of Educators of the Talented and Gifted
- John Hopkins Center for Talented Youth
- Hollingworth Center for Highly Gifted Children
- National Research Center on Gifted and Talented
- 2e - Twice-Exceptional; 2e students are highly capable, but also have a learning challenge such as an auditory or visual processing disorder, ADHD, Asperger's, or dyslexia.
South Kitsap School District’s Highly Capable Services office provides links to outside websites that we believe will be helpful to our parents and students. However, opinions expressed or material appearing on these websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by our office or South Kitsap School District. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these sites.