- Active COVID-19 Positive Cases (with campus exposure) = positive COVID-19 cases currently in isolation that were present on campus during their infectious period
- Active COVID-19 Positive Cases (with no campus exposure) = positive COVID-19 cases currently in isolation that were not present on campus during their infectious period
- Recovered COVID-19 Cases = beginning 9/8/21
- Close Contacts = defined as those who spent 15 cumulative minutes or more in 24 hours less than 6 feet apart (three feet or more between students in classroom settings to) during the infectious period of a person with lab-confirmed COVID-19. As of January 7, 2022 SKSD is no longer contact tracing many of the cases that have positive exposure on campus due to limited staff resources. Instead, SKSD will focus on identifying clusters of cases and areas with less mitigation strategies like Special Education classrooms.
The individuals who tested positive are safely isolating at home, and for students, learning opportunities will be supported while they are recovering. The Kitsap Public Health District is informed..
Those concerned about possible exposure should visit Washington Department of Health's What to do if you were potentially exposed to someone with confirmed coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
SKSD has strict cleaning protocols and safety precautions in place. The safety and well-being of our students and staff members is always our highest priority.
COVID-19 is a virus that can be spread by everyone at all ages, even without being ill or manifesting any known symptoms. We encourage everyone to consistently continue to observe the following precautions, even when feeling great, to help reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Wear a mask whenever indoors and around others
- Maintain safe physical distance from others
- Wash hands and use hand sanitizer frequently
- Stay home if you are sick, even with mild symptoms
- Follow the guidance of your local health authority
For more COVID-19 information on schools and COVID-19 metrics in our community please visit the Kitsap Public Health Departments webpage Youth and School Information.