- Active COVID-19 Positive Cases (with campus exposure) = positive COVID-19 cases currently in isolation that were present on campus during their infectious period
- Active COVID-19 Positive Cases (with no campus exposure) = positive COVID-19 cases currently in isolation that were not present on campus during their infectious period
- Recovered COVID-19 Cases = students began returning to campus 10/19/20
- Close Contacts = defined as those who spent 15 minutes or more within close contact (less than 6 feet apart) of a person with lab-confirmed COVID-19.
The individuals who tested positive are safely isolating at home, and for students, learning opportunities will be supported while they are recovering. The Kitsap Public Health District is informed, and close contacts of the individual have been given guidance and advised of precautions that should be taken.
Anyone who has not been directly contacted, but is concerned about possible exposure, should visit Washington Department of Health's What to do if you were potentially exposed to someone with confirmed coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
SKSD has strict closure, cleaning protocols and safety precautions in place. The safety and well-being of our students and staff members is always our highest priority.
COVID-19 is a virus that can be spread by everyone at all ages, even without being ill or manifesting any known symptoms. We encourage everyone to consistently continue to observe the following precautions, even when feeling great, to help reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Wear a cloth face covering when around others
- Maintain safe physical distance from others
- Wash hands and use hand sanitizer frequently
- Monitor your body temperature
- Stay home if you or anyone in your home are sick, even with mild symptoms
- Follow the guidance of your local health authority