To ensure safety and security:
- Each school's staff review and update an individual Emergency Response Plan.
- School staff participate in regular emergency preparedness and response training.
- Substance abuse prevention programs are presented to students regularly.
- School Resource Officers (SROs) train regularly to respond effectively to any situation.
Comprehensive Safe School Plans
All South Kitsap Schools have Emergency Plans in place to ensure the safety and well being of all of our students, staff, volunteers, and visitors. These plans have been developed and reviewed with the Kitsap Emergency Management Organization. Many of our staff has been trained to use appropriate emergency procedures to ensure everyone's safety during a disaster or dangerous incident. Below is a list of some of the incidents that our building staff has received training:
- Bomb Threats
- Chemical Spill
- Child Abuse or Custody Issues
- Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying
- Inclement Weather
- Intruder or Hostage Situation
- Medical Emergency
- Power Outages
- Runaway or Missing Children
If you have a question about your student's Comprehensive Safe School Plan please contact your child's building administrator. The safety of your child is important to our staff.