Classified & Certificated staff, please log in to the SKSD website to see the class registration feature.
District Paras - ProDev is a new program SKSD will be utilizing for clock hours. Paras will be able to register / unregister for classes, check your competency status, print your schedules, certificates, clock hour reports, evaluation summaries, transcripts and course information.
Information on para certification and FCS (Foundational Course of Study) requirements can be found at https://www.pesb.wa.gov/.
Moodle modules will be assigned to each para for the specific module(s) he/she still needs to complete. You will be notified by e-mail with those details. These classes are to be done during your normal work hours throughout the year, as time allows. Please send documentation after you complete the series of Moodle trainings assigned to you by following the instructions below. Classes will close the end of school 2021.
Follow these steps to complete professional development:
- Set up a Moodle Account and Enroll in Course. (Most paras have already completed this step in 2020.)
- Moodle Account Set Up and Enrollment Instructions
- Moodle Courses: https://www.pesb.wa.gov/resources-and-reports/online-learning/
- Paraeducators: What We Do Matters (WWDM) (Credit toward FCS criteria)
- ELL Subject Matter Course (Optional – 20 credits toward General Para Certificate)
- SPED Subject Matter Course (Optional –20 credits toward General Para Certificate)
- Log in to your ProDev Account to verify which Moodle Modules you are required to complete. You can also register in ProDev for ELL and/or SPED Subject Matter Courses (optional) if you wish.
- Set up ProDev account instructions All paras have a ProDev account. Do not set up a new account.
ProDev is just the clock hour class registration system for SKSD. You will not physically complete class material in ProDev.
- Log in to your Moodle Account (at https://training1.ospi.k12.wa.us/login/index.php) to complete the Moodle Module(s). Each Moodle Module should take approximately one hour. A maximum of 1 hour credit will be awarded for completion of each Moodle Module that was not already completed by you at an in-district training. You only need to complete the Moodle Modules you have not already satisfied through in-district trainings.
Send required proof of course completion to email@example.com. Note: It sometimes takes 1-2 days for your Moodle’s Course Completion page to show your completion status.
- Return to ProDev to complete the evaluation for each of the modules your completed. The Evaluation link is located under ProDev > My Records > My Courses > in the Eval column click on the icon to complete your evaluation.
Need help? Contact Tracy at ProDev@skschools.org or 360.874.7058
SKSD Classified Staff Mini Grant Application - Currently there are no district funds available for classified professional development.
Beginning Educator Support
The South Kitsap School District believes that focused, on-the-job intentional support during the first few years is beneficial to both new-to-career educators and their students.
View the Beginning Educator Support brochure here
Professional Development Options
Upcoming Trainings for Clock Hours:
In-District professional development options are listed in your ProDev account under Course Registration. Click on the info button next to the register button for information regarding the training. If there is no register button for something you would like to take, e-mail the instructor for permission to take the class.
Optional Professional Development can be found at the OESD website. Clock hours and class fees through OESD will be at your expense.
Your pdEnroller accounts will always be available to you.
The following link will take you to pdEnroller.org
See the drop down below for helpful links, user guides, and tutorials.