- COVID-19 Resources for Staff
- Absence Reporting
- Computer & Software Purchases
- Leave Calendar
- Payroll Cutoff Dates
- Report an Accident / Incident
- Staff Reporting - Emergency Closures
- Staff Calendars
- Staff Perks
- Staff Portal
- Staff Handbook
The South Kitsap School District has two absence reporting systems, depending on your school/department and job role. If you are unclear about which system to use, please contact your supervisor.
- Employees who require substitute.
- To access Frontline, you have to go via HelloID. Use your district credentials if you are asked enter login information.
- For assistance contact Substitute Services 360-874-7070 or 7073 (Monday - Friday, 6:30 am – 1:00 pm
For telephone access please call 1-800-942-3767 and have your PIN ready.
For instructions go to www.aesoponline.com
Tips to prepare for your absence click here
To request planned leave, either personal or sick leave, please enter the request in the Frontline.
Once reconciled, this information is electronically submitted to payroll for automatic upload into the Skyward system.
Central Office department staff, log in to Skyward Employee Access - http://ea.southkitsap.wa-k12.net
ALL leave requests for all leave types are now electronically reported and recorded, except for Transportation bus drivers and FNS regular staff.
If your leave request requires additional paperwork (ie. jury summons, doctor's note) please enter the request online and forward a copy of your paperwork to Human Resources.
For leave assistance contact Payroll Services 360-874-7025 (Monday - Friday, 7:30 am -4:30 pm)
For login assistance, contact ITS at 360-874-7045 (Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm)
Many computer and software vendors make their products available at a significant discount to students, parents and educators for personal and home use. Below are links for some vendor programs that are available to South Kitsap families. (Please note that these offers are not affiliated with the school district, but rather a separate purchasing plan direct with the vendor.)
Microsoft Office for Home Use
Members of the South Kitsap community (Staff and Students alike) are able to take advantage of the Microsoft Office suite at no charge.
For information on how to utilize this great benefit, please visit the SK Information Technology - Microsoft Office page.
*PLEASE NOTE: The home use licenses are only valid while attendance/employment are current.
Dell Purchases for Educators
Enter South Kitsap School District as the school district name.
Please use the code WA1789 when ordering.
You will need a special district access code to purchase software from Techhead. Please make sure you are logged in to this web site (SIGN IN button in the upper right corner) to see the code. (Note: For ordering, your "District ID" will be your student ID number [7-digit, usually with a leading '0'] or your staff employee ID number. If you need help, please call 360-874-7047.)
Microsoft Student Select Program
A program summary brochure is also available.
To view the professional/personal leave calendar you must enter through your Outlook account. To view instructions on how to locate the calendar and determine if a day is open or closed please click here.
South Kitsap School District employees are expected to take reasonable and appropriate steps to reduce hazards and comply with good risk management practices.
In the event of an accident or injury, please use the appropriate forms below:
- Accident / Incident Reporting - To report an accident or injury, please fill out an Employee Incident Report available in the Forms Library under Business Services and Risk Management. This form is required within 24 hours of incident. Please use the memorandum at this link to understand the L&I process.
- Workers’ Compensation Reporting - To file a workers' compensation claim for a work-related injury or occupational disease (involving medical attention), please view process here.
- Safety and Environmental Services - The District's Safety Office is located at Facilities and Operations.
- Certificate of Insurance Request Form - Available within the online Forms Library.
For more information go to Business and Support Services (360-874-7013) or the Safety Office (360-874-6000).
Staff Reporting Instructions for District-Wide Emergency School Closures or Schedule Changes. Revised October, 2022
Certificated Staff Calendars for the 2023-2024 school year (PDF files):
- 2023-2024 SKEA Calendar
- 2023-2024 SKEA Calendar - REVISED
- Principals & Assistant Principals
- 12 Month Non-Rep Supervisory-Certificated
- 210 Day Non-Rep Admin
- Superintendent & Assistant Superintendent
Classified Staff Calendars for the 2023-2024 school year (PDF files):
- 248 Day Classified
- 248 Day Sunday-Thursday Classified
- 248 Day Thursday-Monday Classified
- 248 Day Tuesday-Saturday Classified
- 220 Day Classified
- 220 Day Classified - REVISED
- 210 Day Classified
- 210 Day Classified - REVISED
- 205 Day Classified
- 205 Day Classified - REVISED
- 193 Day Classified
- 193 Day Classified - REVISED
- 190 Day Classified
- 190 Day Classified - REVISED
- 181 Day Classified - Paraeducators ONLY
- 181 Day Classified - Paraeducators ONLY - REVISED
- 180 Day Classified
- 180 Day Classified - REVISED
- 140 Day Mon-Thursday Classified
- 140 Day Mon-Thursday Classified - REVISED
- 12-Month Non-Rep Supervisory Classified
We want to offer SKSD staff a place to get more "PERKS" for being employed in our district. From time to time, organizations and community partners create offers specifically for SKSD staff and we'd like to share them with ALL of you here on this page. Please make sure to come back frequently!
Benefits and Community Perks
Yes Please Coffee @ Bethel/Sedgwick - offers a SKSD discount
Sprint Discount Program - check your spam filter if you use your work email
My Education Discount - use passcode MYEDU
HelloID is the newest tool, with a custom dashboard for each user and provides seamless integration to all of our systems.
- SKEA Seniority List
- Credits & Clock Hours
- Curriculum Online Tools
- Beginning Educator Support Program
SKEA Seniority Report - Rank (as of 01/10/2023)
SKEA Seniority Report - Alpha (as of 01/10/2023)
According to the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the District and SKEA, the District is required to furnish staff with information regarding Initial seniority status on or before January 15th annually. Final status is furnished by March 15th.
C=Continuing and P, P1, P2, P3=Provisional. Starting with the 2009-2010 school year, teachers who were in their first year of teaching are required to complete three years of Provisional status before rolling to Continuing status. Teachers new to our District who have completed Provisional status in another WA school district will be on Provisional status for one year.
Washington State FTE Experience
This includes experience through August 31st and does not include the current year’s experience.
To assist you in answering questions about the seniority list, please refer to Article VI, Section 6.8 of the Negotiated Agreement. Information about the seniority list begins with Section 6.8.3.
For directions on viewing and calculating your credits and salary placement in Employee Access CLICK HERE.
- Salary placement is based on the number of credits and clock hours earned after the awarding of the first Bachelor’s degree as well as the number of verified certificated years of experience.
- Salary advancement adjustments are made in the Fall based on the following guidelines: Coursework must be completed by October 1st. Official transcripts are due in Human Resources no later than close of business November 1st in order to advance on the salary schedule for the current year. Payments for salary advancement will retro back to the first contracted day of the current school year. New hires have 90 days from their date of hire. Human Resources has until December's payroll to make any salary adjustments.
- You will be issued a new Payroll Authorization in place of reissuing a new contract.
Transcripts, Credits and Clock Hours
- College/university transcripts must be “official” and turned into Human Resources in a sealed envelope. Human Resources will also accept electronic transcripts sent directly from the institution.
- For salary placement, all college/university credits are counted in quarter hours. One semester equals one and one-half quarter credits.
- It is recommended you order two transcripts to be sent to your home – one for your personal use and one to be submitted to Human Resources.
- Credits must be earned through an accredited college or university.
- Clock hour courses must be offered by a Washington State approved clock hour provider (approved Washington State clock hour providers). Send a completed copy of clock hour Inservice forms to SKSD Teaching & Learning Department for posting to a transcript. Always keep your own copies of your clock hours.
- Only clock hours posted on a transcript will be accepted for salary placement.
- 10 clock hours are equivalent to one quarter credit on the salary schedule.
- Clock hour classes must be a minimum of one (1) hour to be eligible for recognition.
- Other than for salary advancement, clock hours are applicable only to the renewal of a continuing or professional certificate, not to the renewal of an initial or residency certificate.
- SKSD Teaching & Learning will submit “official” transcripts to Human Resources each November for all current staff. You can view your transcripts in your ProDev account.
- PdEnroller and other outside clock hour transcripts are the responsibility of the staff to submit the transcript to Human Resources by November 1st of every year.
- Cost for out of District clock hours are at the expense of the participant.
Certificated Experience Earned outside of South Kitsap School District
For certificated experience that is earned outside of South Kitsap School District to be considered for salary placement, previous employers must complete and submit a Verification of Professional Employment form and send it to Human Resources.
- All applicable certificates must be current (valid). It is important for certificated employees to monitor the expiration date of their certificates. South Kitsap School District does not maintain a tracking system for certificate renewal.
- A valid Washington State Teaching Certificate or Temporary Teaching Permit must be registered and on file in Human Resources prior to your first work day.
- Washington State does not provide the District a copy of your certificate/permit. It is the employee's responsibility to ensure a valid Washington State Certificate/Permit is on file in Human Resources.
- For questions regarding certification issues, or to see the latest renewal requirements please visit the OSPI Certification webpage or call OSPI Certification office at 360-725-6400, or email Cert@k12.wa.us
- Two employee contracts are issued:
- Base Contract – 185 work days
- Supplemental Contract – Added Time and Responsibility
- Base contracts are issued in late spring for the following year and supplemental contracts are issued in October/November for the current year.
- Contracts must be signed and returned to Human Resources within the allotted date of issuance. Contracts are not reissued with each salary adjustment. You will receive a new Payroll Authorization when salary adjustments are made.
- Please do not make any modifications. If you have questions regarding your contract, contact Human Resources.
Change of Name/Address/Phone Number
Please notify Human Resources if you have a name, address, or telephone number change. A copy of your social security card must accompany notification of a name change. The change form is available in the Forms Library.
Welcome to the Curriculum Online Tools area of the web site.
Content Area Resources is a password-protected collection of information for the various subject areas (math, language arts, social studies, etc.). Please use your SKSD network login and password to access this information.
Curriculum Integrations IT Page lists how the various curriculum software programs are integrated with Skyward and student accounts. This area also contains important information for status over the summer months.
The South Kitsap School District believes that focused, on-the-job intentional support during the first few years is beneficial to both new-to-career educators and their students.
View the Beginning Educator Support brochure here
Section 1119(g) of the Washington State Paraeducator Guidelines states that all paraprofessionals who are performing instructional duties and are funded with Title I funds, including all paraprofessionals performing instructional duties in a schoolwide building, must meet specific requirements. The purpose of these requirements is to help ensure that the instructional team providing successful learning experiences for students, particularly students receiving benefit of Title I funds.
These requirements are:
- paraprofessionals must currently have a secondary school (high school) diploma or its recognized equivalent, and
paraprofessionals must fulfill one of the three following requirements:
Complete at least two years of study at an institution of higher education; or
Obtain an associate (or higher) degree; or
Meet a rigorous standard of quality and can demonstrate, through a formal state or local academic assessment
Knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing, and mathematics;
Knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading readiness, writing readiness, and mathematics readiness as appropriate.
If you are interested in obtaining a certificate in Washington state-identified teaching shortage areas, the following link provides information for alternative routes to certification:
South Kitsap Association of Principals (SKAP)
SKAP Salary Schedule 2023-2025
SKAP Collective Bargaining Agreement effective 7/01/2023 to 6/30/2025
SKAP MOU - High School/Assistant Principal and Dean Support
Public School Employees (PSE)
PSE Wage Schedule 2023-2024
PSE Collective Bargaining Agreement effective 09/01//2022-08/31/2025
PSE - MOU 2022/25-001 EMS Job Description Review
PSE - MOU 2022/25-002 Paraeducator - Career and Technical Education
PSE - MOU 2022/23-003 COVID Vaccination Mandate and Leave
Service Employees International Union Local 925 (SEIU)
SEIU Wage Schedule 2023-2024
SEIU Collective Bargaining Agreement Effective 09/01/21 to 08/31/24
SEIU Education Recognition Pay Request Form
SEIU PD Application 2022
SEIU - MOU 2021/24-001 Signing Bonus
SEIU - MOU 2021/24-002 COVID-19
SEIU - MOU 2021/24-003 Global Position System
Non-Represented Supervisory Employees
Non-represented Supervisory Salary Schedule 2023-2024
Non-Represented Non-Supervisory Employees
Non-represented Non-Supervisory Salary Schedule 2023-2024
Thank you for your commitment to the students, staff, and community of South Kitsap School District. Our students deserve the very best of educational services. We welcome your professional contribution to the successful delivery of our education program. Your role as a substitute, whether it be teaching or educational support, is to provide continuity to the instruction provided to our students.
Please carefully review the information contained on this website and feel free to ask questions. The staff in our Substitute Services center is prepared to assist you. Building level staff members are also available to answer questions that assist you in becoming an effective part of their instructional program.
A skilled substitute offers a significant, positive impact on the quality of education in the absence of the permanent employee. Our district is committed to providing information and professional development opportunities necessary to fulfill your responsibilities.
We encourage you to seek out and participate in the opportunities available to you. We are excited about your potential here and what you can contribute to our organization. We hope that you will find considerable reward and satisfaction in your work in our schools and that you will be in such demand that you will be scheduling your substitute assignments weeks in advance.
If you are interested in permanent employment opportunities with South Kitsap School District, be sure your online application is complete. Complete online applications are made available to our hiring administrators when screening applications for permanent positions. To check on the status of your application, visit the employment page to log into your online application or contact Human Resources 360-874-7070.
We are delighted you have chosen South Kitsap School District and wish you every success!
South Kitsap School District
Human Resources Department