School and Family Support
- Rights & Responsibilities: Policies and Procedures
- Conflict Resolution for parents and students, School Hearings
- Homeless Liaison
- Student Transfers and Enrollment
- Center for Educational Effectiveness Surveys
- Before and After School Care. Boys and Girls Club, YMCA, etc.
- 3rd Grade Dictionary program
- Masonic Teacher & Student Award program
If you need additional information regarding these services, please contact our office at 360-874-7054.
Titles: Social Worker
Homeless Education Assistance
Homeless Education Liaison
South Kitsap School District's School & Family Support Department can provide information to assist students who find themselves in temporary or transitional housing during the school year. We work closely with local shelter and housing providers, local community agencies and resources. Washington State Department of Children, Youth & Families (DCYF), Kitsap County and the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction .
The McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act was authorized by Congress, December 2001, as part of the Every Child Succeeds Act (ESSA) December 2015. The purpose of the Act is to remove barriers to education for homeless/transitional students and provide educational support and stability.