Our objective is to be customer-oriented and responsive to the needs of our staff and community. Our department is responsible for overseeing payroll, purchasing, accounting, and budgeting for the South Kitsap School District. We are dedicated to the education of children by providing a high level of customer service and fiscal integrity
- Our budget is the instrument that sets forth an annual financial plan for the school district and community goals.
- Establishes maximum amounts the district can spend for each fund.
- Provides a means of measuring and guiding performance by comparing planned expenditures and staffing levels against actual expenses and staffing levels.
- Must be balanced. For example, beginning fund balance plus revenues must equal or exceed expenditures in each fund.
- Covers the fiscal year, from September 1 to August 31 of the following calendar year.
- Must be formally adopted by the Board of Directors each year, and a copy submitted to the state.
- Provides the historical data required for realistic future budget preparation.
We use your tax dollars to equip our students with the knowledge and skills to succeed and prosper in an ever-changing global society. Our annual operating budget is about $184 million. Most of our spending directly supports classroom instruction. Our resources, equipment and technology infrastructure sustain innovative teaching and personalized learning.
We strive to be good stewards of your tax dollars. We look for efficiencies and ways to maximize our resources. We welcome your questions and suggestions for stretching dollars.